Thursday, January 11, 2007

At iTunes Store for Free: Lectures for Spring, 2006 SF Course

Just as a PSA for all the other SF fans who might be interested, I just wanted to pass on that while randomly searching through the podcasts at the iTunes Store, I stumbled upon Prof. Courtney Brown's lectures from his Spring, 2006 Science Fiction and Politics course at Emory University. They're available for free and include discussions of Darwin's Radio, Uplift War, Ender's Game, Neuromancer, Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep, The Forever War, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, Brave New World and The Left Hand of Darkness. I haven't listened to any of them yet, but I am in the process of downloading them all to my computer. I'll provide a brief review of the first few lectures once I've had the time to listen to them myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home